The fatal shooting of a 28-year-old Chicago man may have been captured on camera in a Facebook live video Wednesday night.

Antonio Perkins died after suffering gunshot wounds to his neck in the 8:45 p.m. shooting on S. Drake Ave. in the North Lawndale area of the city’s West Side, police and medical examiners told the Chicago Sun-Times. Detectives are working to confirm whether the man shown in the video circulating widely is Perkins, but no suspects had been arrested Thursday, according to the Chicago Police Department.

A young man wearing a tank top could be seen in a portion of the video obtained by DNAinfo standing outside around dusk and smiling at another man’s joke. The man filming the video stared into the camera without saying anything for several moments.

“Boy, stop it,” he said all of a sudden. Several shots then rang out, and the screen began swirling around, losing focus until it picked up blood-stained blades of grass and a car driving away.

N.J. EMTs used Periscope at White Castle as they ignored call

“Tony, put it down, n—a!” a woman screamed. “Oh my God!”

imageA man believed to be 28-year-old Chicago man Antonio Perkins was shot on video while filming a live stream video. (DNAInfo Chicago via YouTube)

“Call the police!” a man yelled. The screen went dark seconds later.

A Facebook user who identified Perkins by an alias, Cicero Yayo, posted a longer version of the video after the user said Perkins had been pronounced dead Wednesday night.

“This is a mockery to our human race!!!!” the user wrote. “This is so sad it will be impossible not to cry after listening to the family pour tears and describe what’s happening. You can’t even sit in front of your house and enjoy your families company anymore!!!!”

Other users flooded Perkins’ Facebook page with tributes on Thursday. The page showed recent pictures of him kissing his mother with the caption, “I LOVE MOM,” and one of him with a little boy titled “Me and my baby boy.”

The camera picked up a view of a car driving away and blades of bloody grass after the shots rang out.

The camera picked up a view of a car driving away and blades of bloody grass after the shots rang out. (DNAInfo Chicago via YouTube)

“Take back our streets, let it be known it’s not going to be tolerated!!” a user commented on the picture. “Anyone knows something, say something…No one has has to know it came from you. You need to keep these streets safe for yours and mine.”

Homicides in Chicago jumped 71% to 135 killings in the first quarter of the year, from 79 in the first three months of 2015, according to police figures cited by the Chicago Tribune. The quarter marked the city’s worst first three months of the year for murders since 136 people were killed in the first quarter of 1999.

“We have to go back decades to find jumps of this magnitude in year-to-year comparisons,” Loyola University Chicago criminal justice and psychology professor Arthur Lurigio told the newspaper. “We’re on our way to 500 homicides again. We’re going backward.”